BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

What is the use of a book, without pictures or conversations? -Alice

When I was in the fifth grade I had to write a story. I don't really remember the reason, but I remember the story and I also remember being upset that I never got it back. Probably cause my teacher was rumored to have a bottle of booze in the bottom of her desk. It was probably cough syrup, but who knows. The story was about a girl that crawled under her backyard fence and ended up in another world. I wish I still had it because I think at that moment I wanted to write, either that or I wanted to escape from reality both of which I still long for today. It's funny to think about now as I swim the murky depths of trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up at 34.
I've been writing bits and pieces for probably eight years now and have yet to finish anything but a couple short stories none of which have been published. While I use to look at this as failure and lack of focus I now look at it as it wasn't my time. I'm hoping that it is my time now as I start on what I hope will be a completed novel. This blog is my love affair with writing where my heroins are bigger than anything I could possibly be. They fight they hurt and they survive, and hopefully fall into unconventional relationships that span the globe.
I write how I would like to see the world which at times has involved bars where you could eat pie off a woman's stomach and where it is illegal to preform magic. Where a man can be a paranormal exterminator and make a good living and there is as much wickedness as there is goodness. I write about my life hidden in my characters, but most of all I write because I don't know how else to live. So follow me as I climb under the backyard fence into another world.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I cannot wait to read more! Bring it sister!!!

Becky Washam said...

Looking forward to the journey!